Information Collection & Use
- In order to use this Web site, you must first be invited to this site by either an existing member of this site or your child's school administrator on Yokibu, if your school is a Yokibu participating school.
- Upon receiving an invitation, you must first complete the registration form and create a user name (Your user name is your email address. Please ensure you give the email address that you regularly access.) and password. During registration you have to provide us your profile information such as name, where you live (Country, State, City and Zip Code), occupation details and phone numbers. Some of the information we ask for, are required and some of them are optional. Please note that if your school is a participating school, then we will send all communication to your email address and also to your mobile phone. We may also use this information to contact you about the services on our site in which you have expressed interest and to provide you a more personalized experience on our site.
- You have the option to provide additional details such as your Street Address, Date of Birth anytime after you become a member; we encourage you to submit this information so we can provide you much more personalized experience on our site.
- You may also upload your photo and enter your personal interests such as Passion, Activities in order to search for and connect with parents with similar interests and also help other parents to search and connect with you.
- In order to connect with parents of your child's classmates, you have to join the Class Forum of your child's class. To join a class forum, you have to provide details of your child's school, and the class your child is in and your child's name, date of birth and sex. You may also upload a photo of your child anytime after you join a class forum. Please note that date of birth of your child is mandatory as only then we can send information on events, videos, books, courses etc, relevant to your child based on your child's age group.
- If you are not a member yet and would like to be invited by your friend who is an existing member of Yokibu, you can then request your friend to send you an invitation by providing your name, email, and phone number in order for your friend, to confirm your identity before extending an invitation to you. You may also upload your photo to confirm your identity to your friend.
- If you are not a member yet and would like to be invited by your child's school administrator, please find out if your school is a Yokibu participating school and inform your school to send a Yokibu email invitation to become a member and to receive all school communications.
- In some situations, we may send you an email with a link to validate the email address you provided us, following your registration or profile update. This is to ensure it is you who registered your email address with Yokibu.
- PasoNet Technologies Private Limited is the sole owner of the information collected on Yokibu.com. PasoNet Technologies Private Limited collects personally identifiable information from our users at several different points on our Web site.
- While you can instantly see all members who have registered as parents of your child's classmates, they can also view some of your information such as your name, your interests, your occupation, you have provided with us, so that they can connect and make friendship with you. However, your contact information, your photo and your child's name and photo and other details are not shared with anyone unless you specifically make friendship with them.
- Your profile information will be shared with other parents in the following two different modes to ensure your privacy.
- Your public profile: A restricted view of your profile to other parents
- Your Profile for your friends
Your Public Profile
- Only the following information will be shared with other Parents:
- Your Name
- Your photo if available
- Your Interests
- Your Occupation and Industry (But not information on Job title and Company)
- The Class Forum you are in
Your Profile for your Friends
- The following information will be shared with your friends on Yokibu:
- Your Name
- Your Photo if available
- Your Contact Information (Address, Phone numbers)
- Your Occupation and Industry including Title and Company if provided
- Details of Your Children and photos if available
- Any Yokibu member can make friendship with you by sending you a request and you can also make friendship with any Yokibu parent by sending a request. Please note that when you send a request for friendship, the recipient of the request is entitled to see your profile for friends in order to confirm your identity before accepting your request for friendship. Only after successful acceptance of your request by the recipient, you can view your friend's contact information, photo and children's information and their photo.
- We request you to verify the identity of the person you make friendship with and make sure you know him or her very well before accepting or extending a friendship to ensure the security and privacy of yourself and members of your Yokibu Network. We are neither accountable for inappropriate acceptance or rejection of a friendship nor responsible for any inappropriate actions of members both on website and off website from your Yokibu Network.
- In addition to connecting to parents, Yokibu.com also encourages Schools to connect with parents to help grow their children competitive and positive. Please note that if the school that your child goes to, is a Yokibu participating school, the School Administrator on Yokibu will have access to all the profile information you provide, that includes your public profile and all details of your children including their photos.
- All members registered as parents of your child's classmates can use the class forum to ask any question and get response or even share an opinion. Please note that all parents registered as your child's classmates can view what you write in the message forum and respond. If you write personal details in the message forum, it is visible to all parents of your child's classmates regardless of whether they are your friends or not.
- You can exchange private messages with any member of Yokibu including your friends on Yokibu. Private messages are like emails but exchanged through Yokibu. Only the intended recipients are allowed to view the private messages. If you write personal details in private messages, it is available to all intended recipients regardless of whether they are your friends on Yokibu. Please note that private messages are sent through Yokibu system and hence your email address or the recipient's email address is not revealed to each other while private messages are exchanged.
Invite a Friend to Yokibu
- You can invite your friend to be part of your Yokibu Network. If you choose to invite a friend, we will ask you for your friend's name, email address and mobile. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the site and register. PasoNet Technologies Private Limited stores this information for the sole-purpose of sending this one-time email. If you chose to add the person you invited as a friend on Yokibu, please note that once your friend becomes a member, a friendship request will automatically be generated and sent to your friend on your behalf. Your friend will see your profile for friend before accepting or rejecting the request.
- We request you to verify the identity and credibility of those you invite to Yokibu to ensure the privacy and security of all members of your Yokibu Network. We are not responsible for any inappropriate actions performed both on website and off website by those you invite to be part of Yokibu Network.
Mail this to a known Parent
- You will see this option at many places on our site. We provide a lot of information that will help your children improve their skills and grow positive. Wherever we show such information, we offer this feature so that you can share that information with other known parents. Please ensure you use this feature to share with only those whom you know well and are parents of school going children, as this will automatically include an invitation to become a member if the recipient is already not a member of Yokibu.
- We request you to verify the identity and credibility of those you share to ensure the privacy and security of all members of your Yokibu Network. We are not responsible for any inappropriate actions performed both on website and off website by those you share with or invite to be part of Yokibu Network.
Communications from the Site
Email & SMS in some cases
- You will receive notification on following events:
- After successful registration to validate your email address and to activate your Yokibu account
- When a new parent of your child's classmate registers
- When an Yokibu member sends a private message to you
- When a parent in your class forum posts a question or shares an opinion
- When a response is added to your question or topic
- When a Yokibu member invites you to be a friend
- When a new user requests for an invitation
- When a your child's school posts information to be delivered to you
- When information relevant to you and your child is added
- For example, events, books, courses etc
- We do not send newsletters at this point of time. However, in the future we may offer Newsletters through email. These are periodic emails that we will send to keep you informed of latest and valuable information on subjects of your interest. However, we respect your privacy and so we present the option not to receive these types of communication. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Unsubscribe" and if possible, write in the body the reason for not accepting our newsletters, to opt-out of such messages. If you wish to continue to receive our newsletter(s), we will use your name and email address to send the newsletter to you.
- We will send you strictly service-related announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email.
- Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will send you a welcoming email to verify your email address. We will also communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, based on the needs and availability of the mode of communication.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Personally identifiable information:
- We DO NOT Share Personally Identifiable Information with Third Parties.
- For services that require third party assistance, for example, online payment or sending email/sms, we may share with such legitimate service providers the necessary information to ensure the requested services are rendered.
- For any transactions on Yokibu Store, Personally Identifiable Information may be shared with the Buyer and Seller involved in the Transaction to ensure the goods or services are delivered. However, the information is shared only after you register/pay for a good or service and on successful completion of the transaction online.
- We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
- We use session ID cookies only. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser.
Links to Other Sites
- This Web site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by PasoNet Technologies Private Limited. Please be aware that we, PasoNet Technologies Private Limited, are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
- We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
- This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
Bulletin Boards/Chat Rooms
- We provide a way for Parents of a Class to Ask a Question or Discuss a Topic in the form of a message forum. If you use this message forum on our site, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you submit there can be read, collected or used by other members of the forum, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages and will severely compromise your privacy and personal safety. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these forums.
- The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send email us at email@example.com.
- In the event PasoNet Technologies Private Limited goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
PasoNet Technologies Private Limited
New No:5, Old No:2/2, Mahalingam 1st Cross Street, Mahalingapuram
Chennai 600 034