If you have any concerns or questions or suggestions regarding our privacy policies and practices, please send us an email to email@example.com, call us at 044 43016477 or write to us at Pasonet Technologies Private Limited, Khivraj Complex - II, Second Floor, 480 Anna Salai, Nandanam, Chennai 600 035.
- Yokibu collects information that you enter when using our Site, Mobile Site, Mobile Apps or our Services through any connected device that you may use to access our Services. This may include (but without limitation) personally identifiable information such as Your Name, date of birth, email, mobile, address/location, profile pictures, educational qualifications, profession, billing and payment information and any other information required for us to provide the Services requested for.
- If you are a Minor, we request you not to share with us any personal information other than what we request for providing the relevant Services. If you are a Minor and If we learn or if it is brought to our notice that you have shared personally identifiable information beyond what we requested or not in connection with the Service, then we reserve the right to remove the information as early as possible.
- If you are a Minor, you understand that all information including (but without limitation) messages exchanged with you or posted by you, assignments, reports, grades, all information associated with your account can be viewed by your parent or guardian or authorized school staff members.
Information collected automatically
Yokibu collects certain types of information automatically either using analytics software or directly, whenever you use the Services, and that may include (but without limitation) your frequency of visits, IP address you visit us from, browser/OS/device information, the Services Used or pages visited, screens and events in case of Mobile Apps, and aggregated and performance related data. Please note that these are not personally identifiable information and are used for better understanding of the performance of our Services and help us improve the Services for the benefit of the Users.
Use of Information
How is your information used to personalize the service for you?
Depending upon the type of user you are registered as or logged in as, you will be auto-placed in certain groups and certain types of relationships are auto-formed for you. For example, if you are a parent and you are pre-registered through your child's school, then you will be automatically placed in your child's classes and groups as one of the class parents of those classes and groups. This will allow you to instantly send messages through different features and as allowed by the functionality of the Services. And you may also manually establish friendships with other class parents from the groups you belong to. It also allows restricted or full view of your profile depending on your relationship with the viewer. For example, your personal contact information is visible only to your friends and other class parents can view only the basic details. Similarly, based on the User Type, Groups and Relationships are also auto-formed for Teachers and Students and messages are exchanged as per the functionality of the Services and User Type and Relationships.
- If you are a parent or a teacher or a school admin, your email address is used as your login identification and we will send email notifications of important messages that may include (but without limitation) alerts from the school, Service Notifications and Message Alerts from other users.
- Students of age 13 and above, may register their email address and the email notifications may be sent for important messages that may include (but without limitation) assignment notifications, test alerts etc.
- If you are a parent or a teacher or a school admin, your mobile number may be used for authentication at the time of registration and we may send SMS alerts of important messages that may include (but without limitation) emergency messages.
- If you are a student, your parent's or guardian's registered mobile number may be used for authentication at the time of registration.
Personally Identifiable Information
- We DO NOT Share any personally identifiable information including that of the Minor, with third parties.
- For services that require third party assistance, for example, online payment or sending email/sms, we may share with such legitimate service providers the necessary information to ensure the requested services are rendered.
- For any transaction on Yokibu Store, Personally Identifiable Information may be shared with the Vendors or Service Providers or Software Publishers (collectively called 'Partners') involved to ensure the goods or services are delivered as the case may be. However, the information is shared only after you register/pay for a service or good and on successful completion of the registration/transaction online.
Third Party Sites and Partner Services
If you use our Mobile Apps, we may send Mobile Notifications to your mobile device to inform you of important events or activities relevant to your account. For example, when a Teacher sends a message regarding homework for the day.
We send certain types of emails known as newsletters. These are periodic emails that we will send to keep you informed of latest and valuable information on subjects of your interest. However, we respect your privacy and so we present the option not to receive these types of communication. Please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Unsubscribe"and the type of the Newsletter you do not wish to receive. If possible, write in the body the reason for not accepting our newsletters, to opt-out of such messages as that would help us provide the most relevant information to our users.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our business.
In the event Pasonet Technologies Private Limited goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred.
How secure is my information?
- The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can send us an email email@example.com.
- We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will place a notice on our home page and in certain cases we may notify you by email.